When conservative care, physical therapy, and medication do not ease back pain or increase motion, surgery may be recommended.
The neurosurgeons and orthopaedic surgeons at the Cedars-Sinai Spine Center are specialists who devote their practice to the care of patients with spinal disorders. They specialize in a variety of surgical techniques including minimally invasive procedures that can be done on an outpatient basis.
The Medical Center's surgical facilities feature spine-specific, technically advanced operating rooms, allowing our physicians to provide state-of-the-art care with the latest equipment and the best possible outcomes. Our surgeons are experts in the following conditions and procedures.
- Artificial disc replacement
- Anterior lumbar interbody fusion (ALIF)
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Chiari malformations
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF)
- Scoliosis treatment
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
- Vertebral tumors
- Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery (VATS)
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery