Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Pediatric Surgery Rotation
This rotation is designed to provide advanced experience in neonatal and pediatric surgery.
At the end of this rotation, residents should be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to provide competent surgical care to neonates through recognition of pathophysiologic conditions
- Be prepared to provide life sustaining initial care and urgent operative intervention for neonates
- The ability to direct the patient care team and stabilize the neonate for definitive perioperative and operative repair of surgical lesions.
At the end of the rotation, residents should be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of the anatomic and physiological differences between children and adults
- An understanding of the fundamentals of pediatric surgical disease, its diagnosis, and surgical management
- The ability to manage surgical conditions in the pediatric population