Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
At the end of the transplant surgery rotation, residents will be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of general immunological principles and their application to surgical practice
- An understanding of the principles of care for patients with abnormal immune function who are undergoing general surgery procedures
- An understanding of the emerging field of molecular biology and the novel immune therapies having potential application to clinical surgery
Following this unit, residents should be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of the history of clinical transplantation and interpret the guidelines for preparing patients for organ transplantation
- A working understanding of the fundamental immunologic principles governing organ transplantation and immunosuppression. Demonstrate understanding of the potential metabolic, physiologic, and malignant side effects of immunosuppressants.