Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Applying to the Cedars-Sinai General Surgery program is similar to other residency programs. All applications are through ERAS. Please contact ERAS for detailed procedures to complete the application.
All first-year positions are offered through the National Residency Match Program. In the upcoming academic year, we will match four Categorical residents and six Preliminary residents, as approved by the Residency Review Committee.
- USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 (Step 2 must be completed prior to starting internship)
- Graduation from an accredited US or Canadian Medical School, or valid ECFMG certificate plus eligibility letter from the California Medical Board.
The deadline for submission is Mid-November. Our program is AAMC code# 4400511037. The following will need to be submitted:
- Medical school transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- ECFMG status report (for IMGs only)
- California Application Status Letter (for IMGs only)
- USMLE transcripts
- Dean's letter
Completed applications are due by mid-October. Your completed application to our program will be reviewed thoroughly and interview invitations will be sent out in November.
For more information on the surgical residency program by the Program Director, please click here .
Interview dates for the 2015-2016 application cycle:
- Thursday, December 10, 2015
- Friday, January 8, 2016
Please feel free to contact Van Chau in our Surgical Education office at email@example.com or 310-423-6637 for additional information.
We appreciate your interest in our program and look forward to receiving your completed application.