Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Community Education & Injury Prevention Program
For persons between birth and age 45, trauma is the leading cause of death in the United States. Trauma affects all of us. The Injury Prevention Program at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is dedicated to preventing injuries and deaths. Cedars-Sinai offers these injury prevention programs:
- Every 15 Minutes: An event held at local high schools to encourage teens to make responsible decisions and discourage drinking and driving.
- Fall Prevention Awareness Event: An annual event hosted at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center with educational lectures, blood pressure screenings, Tai Chi demonstration, balance assessment, review of medications and information on available resources to prevent falls.
- Safe Kids: An international network of organizations with a mission to prevent accidental injuries to children. Cedars-Sinai participates in a local coalition to generate awareness of accidental injuries and ways to prevent injuries. Coalition members provide child car seat inspections for families in our community. Safety devices such as helmets and car seats are provided to families in need.
- Take CARE I: Prepared by the Emergency Nurses Association, this program targets persons 65 years and older on preventing falls and safely using medications.
- Take CARE II: This program targets mature adults about highway safety, including drinking and driving, safety belt use and pedestrian safety. It addresses when to stop driving and healthy walking guidelines.
- Senior Care Lecture Series
- Senior Care "Talk Back" Grand Rounds
- Community health fairs
- Active member of the Safe Kids, Los Angeles Chapter
Additional resources for preventing injuries are available by clicking here.