Bioanalyst in the Genomics Core
Looking for an opportunity to be at the leading edge of medical discovery?
Looking to expand the horizons of medical knowledge?
Come join the Cedars-Sinai Team as a Bioanalyst in the Genomics Core
Cedars-Sinai is one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world and is the largest academic medical center in the western United States. The Burns and Allen Research Institute has one of the largest state-of-the-art clinical and translational research facilities of any private hospital in the nation. As a major community medical center and tertiary referral center, Cedars-Sinai offers an environment of unparalleled opportunity for translational studies.
About the Genomics Core
Under the leadership of Vincent Funari, PhD, the Genomics Core focuses on gleaning gene expression information, regulatory information, and sequence information on a genome wide scale for investigators. Our mission is to make these expensive and complex technologies and data accessible and biologically interpretable for clinical and basic scientists enabling interrogation of the genome with little experience in sample preparation, quality control, and analysis. To do this, we develop general but complete biological and analysis pipelines to fit the general needs and enable most genome-wide investigations. For more sophisticated or custom designs we work actively in collaboration with other CSMC cores and resources to facilitate the investigation.
About the Bioanalyst Position
As part of an integrated team of wet lab and informatics scientists, the Bioanalyst is a dynamic and independent position using basic analysis tools to determine genetic linkage, gene expression profiles, and molecular classifiers from data generated from microarrays, qPCR data, and Next Gen Sequencing.
This position is regarded by many as a computational biologist or bioinformaticist, however, in the core you will primarily work in an applied analytic environment testing your computational, statistical, and biological skill sets impacting medical science immediately. Specifically your primary role will expose you to human or model organism datasets with direct applications to medical science.
• Manipulate large datasets from microarray and sequencing data and perform tests to determine biological significance
• Research and develop new pipelines for filtering and analyzing these large datasets especially for new Next Generation Sequencing applications
• Assist the Core Directors personal research or collaborative lead research
• Educate basic bioinformatics workflows to customers
• Master’s degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Genetics or a related field (PhD preferred with up to two years of post-doc experience).
• Expertise in correlating molecular and clinical measures, and in applying algorithms for classifying samples by molecular and statistical measures
• Knowledge of one scripting language (Perl, python), Unix/Linux Programming, SGE, R/Bioconductor and all publically annotated databases (Ensembl, NCBI, UCSC, etc.)
Please apply on-line at: https://www.cedars-sinaimedicalcenter.apply2jobs.com and reference Job #8297 you may also send your CV to email@example.com.