Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
- Behzad Sharif, PhD, was awarded an American Heart Association Scientist Development Grant. The four-year $300,000 award will fund Sharif's work on developing Ungated Cine Myocardial Perfusion MRI methodologies for accurate diagnosis of ischemic heart disease. (June 2014)
- The NIH NHLBI has awarded Rohan Dharmakumar, PhD an R01 to continue developing an imaging strategy that is free of ionizing radiation, exogenous contrast media, and pharmacological stress agents to assess myocardial ischemia due to CAD; and has the potential to revolutionize ischemia testing in clinical settings. (August 2013)
- Graduate student Avinash Kali was awarded a 2-year, $50,000 American Heart Association Predoctoral Fellowship for his project "MRI-Based Assessment of Late Reperfusion Therapies". (July 2013)
- Damini Dey, PhD's manuscript, "Automated knowledge-based detection of nonobstructive and obstructive arterial lesions from coronary CT angiography" has been selected to be highlighted in the Editor's Picks column for Medical Physics (April 2013).
- Zhaoyang Fan, PhD was selected as an International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine Junior Fellow (February 2013).
- The Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance has awarded Behzad Sharif, PhD their Early Career Award in Basic Science for his work entitled "Eliminating Dark-Rim Artifacts in First-Pass Myocardial Perfusion Imaging." (February 2013)
- Behzad Sharif, PhD was awarded a 2013 Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Regional Scholarship (November 2012)
- The American Heart Association has awarded Damini Dey, PhD a 2-year, $140,000 grant for her project entitled "Automated Non-invasive Measurements of Epicardial and Thoracic Fat". (May 2012)
- The American Cancer Society has awarded V. Krishnan Ramanujanm, PhD a 4-year, $720,000 grant for his project entitled "Imaging Mitochondrial Dynamics for Early Detection of Breast Cancer In vivo". (April 2012)
- Graduate student Avinash Kali has been awarded the Summa Cum Laude Merit Award for the 20th annual ISMRM Meeting for his abstract entitled "Temporal Features of Edema in Acute Myocardial Infarction: T2 Maps vs T2-STIR". (April 2012)
- Debiao Li, PhD has been elected as Program Director of the International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine Cardiac MR Study Group. (March 2012)
- Zhaoyang Fan, PhD has been awarded the Magna Cum Laude Merit Award for the 20th Annual International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine Meeting for his abstract entitled “3D Variable-Flip-Angle TSE with Prospective Self-Gating of Swallowing Motion: Initial Experience in Carotid Artery Wall MRI”. (April 2012)
- The American Heart Association has awarded postdoctoral scientist Behzad Sharif, PhD a 2-year, $75,000 AHA Postdoctoral Fellowship grant for his project entitled "Whole-heart Myocardial Perfusion MRI: Artifact-minimized Projection Imaging". The main aim of the project is to develop and validate a new MRI acquisition and reconstruction scheme that significantly improves the accuracy of cardiac perfusion imaging by eliminating the so-called dark-rim artifacts and improving the spatial resolution beyond the limit of the current methods. (July 2011)
- Postdoctoral scientist Zhaoyang Fan, PhD was awarded a 2-year, $75,000 American Heart Association Postdoctoral Fellowship grant for his project entitled "Non-Contrast MR Angiography of Peripheral Arteries: Improved Flow-Sensitive Dephasing-Prepared Balanced SSFP". The purpose of the project is to develop a non-contrast-enhanced MR angiography technique for peripheral arteries. (July 2011)
- Debiao Li, PhD has been elected President of the International Society for Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Medicine (May 2011)