Regenerative Medicine Institute High School Outreach Program
What We Do
Introduce high school students to the exciting world of Regenerative Medicine through two programs that provide them with background information on research and careers in science
A motivational program that is open to all Los Angeles area high school students and is designed to offer a basic understanding of stem cell research and technology within the Cedars-Sinai Regenerative Medicine Institute (RMI). The program is comprised of the following:
- High School Lectures - Throughout the school year, RMI post-doctoral fellows and researchers will give lectures during a scheduled science class. The lectures typically include an introduction to the world of Regenerative Medicine, current stem cell research and technology, which provides students exposure to careers in science. We are currrently serving high schools within a radius of 10 miles from Cedars-Sinai. We are eager to expand our lecture outreach to other communities where possible.
- High School Summer Camp - High school students in their junior and senior year are invited to apply for a week long stem cell summer camp held within the RMI laboratories. Under direct supervision, students will collaborate within project based teams, where they will have hands-on learning opportunities with research tools and techniques. Students will attend lectures presented by RMI research scientists and staff, and the students will present their project results on the last day of camp.
- For safety purposes, high school students must be at least 17 years of age to participate.
- Applications for the camp will only be considered if the student has been accepted into the Cedars-Sinai Teens in Science Volunteer Program. Through the Teen Volunteer Program, you are given the opportunity to participate in other aspects of the Medical Center.
- Please follow this link: Cedars-Sinai Teen Volunteer Program
- Apply to the Cedars-Sinai Teen Volunteer Program between February 1- February 28, 2014.
- Upon completion of the teen volunteer application please forward the confirmation notice directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For those accepted into the Teens in Science Volunteer Program, the opportunity to apply to the RMI summer camp program will begin May 2014.
To request more information on the RMI Program:
Alysia Caldwell, Co-Program Coordinator
Virginia Mattis, Co-Program Coordinator