Debiao Li, PhD
Director, Biomedical Imaging Research Institute, Biomedical Sciences
|Professor, Biomedical Sciences|
Awards and Activities
|Fellow, American Institute for Medical & Biological Engineering (AIMBE)||2010|
|Fellow, Int'l Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM)||2005|
|Deputy Editor||2008 - 2010|
|Board of Trustees||2005 - 2007|
|President||2006 - 2007|
|Board of Trustees||2009 - 2012|
|Vice-President/President-Elect||2010 - 2011|
|President||2011 - 2012|
|Annual Meeting Program Committee||2012 - 2013|
|Program Director, Cardiac Study Group||2012 - 2013|
Development and clinical application of fast MR imaging techniques for the evaluation of the cardiovascular system.
Developed various MRI methods for fast imaging of the heart and blood vessels, including coronary artery MR angiography, atherosclerosis imaging, myocardial perfusion, and myocardial blood oxygenation evaluation.
Current investigations include:
Developing fast MRI techniques to acquire high-resolution images of coronary arteries; detecting the presence and characterizing the composition of atherosclerosis using MRI; measuring blood flow and blood oxygen level in the heart muscle using MRI; developing real-time MR imaging techniques for guiding vascular interventional procedures for cardiac disease treatments.
- Fieno DS, Shea SM, Li Y, Harris KR, Finn JP, Li D: Myocardial perfusion imaging based on the blood oxygen level-dependent effect using T2-prepared steady-state free-precession magnetic resonance imaging. Circulation, 110(10): 1284-90, 2004
- Koktzoglou I, Li D: Diffusion-prepared segmented steady-state free precession: Application to 3D black-blood cardiovascular magnetic resonance of the thoracic aorta and carotid artery walls. Journal of cardiovascular magnetic resonance : official journal of the Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, 9(1): 33-42, 2007
- Fan Z, Sheehan J, Bi X, Liu X, Carr J, Li D: 3D noncontrast MR angiography of the distal lower extremities using flow-sensitive dephasing (FSD)-prepared balanced SSFP. Magn Reson Med, 62(6): 1523-32, 2009
- Yang Q, Li K, Liu X, Bi X, Liu Z, An J, Zhang A, Jerecic R, Li D: Contrast-enhanced whole-heart coronary magnetic resonance angiography at 3.0-T: a comparative study with X-ray angiography in a single center. J. Am. Coll. Cardiol., 54(1): 69-76, 2009
- Ge L, Kino A, Griswold M, Mistretta C, Carr JC, Li D: Myocardial perfusion MRI with sliding-window conjugate-gradient HYPR. Magn Reson Med, 62(4): 835-9, 2009
- Bhat H, Ge L, Nielles-Vallespin S, Zuehlsdorff S, Li D: 3D radial sampling and 3D affine transform-based respiratory motion correction technique for free-breathing whole-heart coronary MRA with 100% imaging efficiency. Magn Reson Med, 65(5): 1269-77, 2011