Masahide Tone, PhD
Research Scientist, Biomedical Sciences
|Associate Professor, Biomedical Sciences|
Awards and Activities
|Associate Editor: Journal of Immunology||Current|
|Editorial Board: Frontiers in Immunological Tolerance||Current|
|American Association of Immunologists||1999|
Developing new cancer therapeutic strategies by controlling the immune responses. We are trying to activate the anti-tumor immunity. To understand regulation of the immune responses, we are investigating transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulation in T cells including Treg cells and antigen presenting cells.
Current investigations include:
Regulation of Foxp3 gene expression. Regulation of Foxp3-mediated transcription.
Controlling alternative splicing for cancer therapy. Roles of Gitr and its ligand.
- Tone M, Greene MI: Cooperative regulatory events and Foxp3 expression. Nat. Immunol., 12(1): 14-6, 2011
- Ruan Q, Kameswaran V, Tone Y, Li L, Liou HC, Greene MI, Tone M, Chen YH: Development of Foxp3(+) regulatory t cells is driven by the c-Rel enhanceosome. Immunity, 31(6): 932-40, 2009
- Howie D, Nolan KF, Daley S, Butterfield E, Adams E, Garcia-Rueda H, Thompson C, Saunders NJ, Cobbold SP, Tone Y, Tone M, Waldmann H: MS4A4B is a GITR-associated membrane adapter, expressed by regulatory T cells, which modulates T cell activation. J. Immunol., 183(7): 4197-204, 2009
- Tone Y, Furuuchi K, Kojima Y, Tykocinski ML, Greene MI, Tone M: Smad3 and NFAT cooperate to induce Foxp3 expression through its enhancer. Nat. Immunol., 9(2): 194-202, 2007
- Tone Y, Kojima Y, Furuuchi K, Brady M, Yashiro-Ohtani Y, Tykocinski ML, Tone M: OX40 gene expression is up-regulated by chromatin remodeling in its promoter region containing Sp1/Sp3, YY1, and NF-kappa B binding sites. J. Immunol., 179(3): 1760-7, 2007
- Tone M, Tone Y, Adams E, Yates SF, Frewin MR, Cobbold SP, Waldmann H: Mouse glucocorticoid-induced tumor necrosis factor receptor ligand is costimulatory for T cells. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 100(25): 15059-64, 2003