Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Moise Danielpour, MD
Director, Pediatric Neurosurgery, Neurosurgery
Medical Director, Center for Pediatric Neurosciences, Neurosurgery
|Assistant Professor, Neurosurgery|
Awards and Activities
|Vera and Paul Guerin Family Chair in Pediatric Neurosurgery||2013|
|American Association of Neurological Surgery||1998|
|Tumor Section of the AANS||2001|
|Pediatric Neurosurgery Section of AANS||2005|
|Western Neurosurgical Society||2007 - 2009|
|Society of Neurological Surgeons (senior society)||2008|
|International Society of Pediatric Neurosurgey||2008 - 2010|
|American Society of Pediatric Neurosurgery||2010|
Molecular pathogenesis of pediatric brain tumors as well as the role of ciliogenesis in pediatric tumors
Studying the role of Stumpy, a previously characterized gene that plays a role in ciliogenesis, in pathogenesis of human congenital malformations including congenital hydrocephalus.
Dynamic Cervicomedullary compression and spinal stenosis in patients with achondroplasia.
Immunotherapy for pediatric brain tumors. Studying the role of immunotherapy in treatment of pediatric brain tumors
Demonstrated the presence of dynamic cervicomedullary compression and its contribution to development of hydrocephalus in children with achondroplasia and foramen magnum stenosis.
Current investigations include:
Role of Ciliogenesis in development of pediatric brain tumors.
Role of Stumpy gene in congenital central nervous system malformation and congenital hydrocephalus
Development of progressive ligamentous hypertrophy in acondroplasia
- Danielpour M, Wilcox WR, Alanay Y, Pressman BD, Rimoin DL: Dynamic cervicomedullary cord compression and alterations in cerebrospinal fluid dynamics in children with achondroplasia. Report of four cases. J. Neurosurg., 107(6 Suppl): 504-7, 2007
- Mamelak AN, Danielpour M, Black KL, Hagike M, Berci G: A high-definition exoscope system for neurosurgery and other microsurgical disciplines: preliminary report. Surgical innovation, 15(1): 38-46, 2008
- Conway RL, Danielpour M, Graham JM: Surgical management of cerebellar tonsillar herniation in three patients with macrocephaly-cutis marmorata telangiectatica congenita. Report of three cases. J. Neurosurg., 106(4 Suppl): 296-301, 2007
- Das A, Simmons C, Danielpour M: A congenital brain tumor associated with assisted in vitro fertilization. Case report. J. Neurosurg., 103(5 Suppl): 451-3, 2005
- Farmer DL, von Koch CS, Peacock WJ, Danielpour M, Gupta N, Lee H, Harrison MR: In utero repair of myelomeningocele: experimental pathophysiology, initial clinical experience, and outcomes. Archives of surgery (Chicago, Ill. : 1960), 138(8): 872-8, 2003
- Danielpour M, von Koch CS, Ojemann SG, Peacock WJ: Disconnective hemispherectomy. Pediatric neurosurgery, 35(4): 169-72, 2001