Odelia Cooper, MD
|Assistant Professor, Medicine|
Awards and Activities
|K23 NIDDK Mentored Patient Oriented Research grant||2009|
|Pituitary Congress Travel Grant||2009|
|Clinical Scholars Program||2008 - 2009|
|Sports Spectacular Endowed Fellowship Program||2006 - 2007|
|Ben Newman Award||2005|
|Leo G. Rigler Award||2005|
|American Diabetes Association||2006|
|American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists||2006|
Understanding the pathogenesis of pituitary tumors and developing novel medical therapies. Examining the effect of psychiatric disease on pituitary structure and function.
Added to understanding of classification of rare pituitary tumors and demonstrating role of certain pathways in pituitary tumors.
Current investigations include:
Pituitary tumor therapy and receptor expression.
- Vlotides G, Cooper O, Chen YH, Ren SG, Greenman Y, Melmed S: Heregulin regulates prolactinoma gene expression. Cancer Res., 69(10): 4209-16, 2009
- Cooper O, Geller JL, Melmed S: Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome caused by an FSH-secreting pituitary adenoma. Nature clinical practice. Endocrinology & metabolism, 4(4): 234-8, 2008
- Cooper OB, Brown TT, Dobs AS: Opiate drug use: a potential contributor to the endocrine and metabolic complications in human immunodeficiency virus disease. Clin. Infect. Dis., 37 Suppl 2: S132-6, 2003
- Hillis AE, Wityk RJ, Barker PB, Beauchamp NJ, Gailloud P, Murphy K, Cooper O, Metter EJ: Subcortical aphasia and neglect in acute stroke: the role of cortical hypoperfusion. Brain, 125(Pt 5): 1094-104, 2002
- Schell MJ, Cooper OB, Snyder SH: D-aspartate localizations imply neuronal and neuroendocrine roles. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 94(5): 2013-8, 1997
- Akita S, Webster J, Ren SG, Takino H, Said J, Zand O, Melmed S: Human and murine pituitary expression of leukemia inhibitory factor. Novel intrapituitary regulation of adrenocorticotropin hormone synthesis and secretion. J. Clin. Invest., 95(3): 1288-98, 1995