Steven Piantadosi, MD, PhD
Director, Cancer Institute
Awards and Activities
|Phase One Foundation Chair||2008|
|Senior Editor: Clinical Cancer Research||Current|
The design and analysis of clinical trials for cancer research. Improving programs and infrastucture to facilitate clinical research.
Clinical Trials: A Methodologic Perspective - considered a classic textbook for clinical trials.
Collaborations in varied clinical and basic science areas assisting new discoveries in areas such as brain tumors, marrow transplantation, prostate cancer, and pancreatic cancer.
Current investigations include:
New Approaches to Brain Tumor Therapy - Long-term Oxygen Treatment Trial - Clinical Trial Methods Course in Neurology - AACR Workshop for Biostatisticians.
- ADAPT Research Group, Martin BK, Szekely C, Brandt J, Piantadosi S, Breitner JC, Craft S, Evans D, Green R, Mullan M: Cognitive function over time in the Alzheimer's Disease Anti-inflammatory Prevention Trial (ADAPT): results of a randomized, controlled trial of naproxen and celecoxib. Arch. Neurol., 65(7): 896-905, 2008
- Brock MV, Hooker CM, Ota-Machida E, Han Y, Guo M, Ames S, Glöckner S, Piantadosi S, Gabrielson E, Pridham G, Pelosky K, Belinsky SA, Yang SC, Baylin SB, Herman JG: DNA methylation markers and early recurrence in stage I lung cancer. N. Engl. J. Med., 358(11): 1118-28, 2008
- Luznik L, O'Donnell PV, Symons HJ, Chen AR, Leffell MS, Zahurak M, Gooley TA, Piantadosi S, Kaup M, Ambinder RF, Huff CA, Matsui W, Bolaños-Meade J, Borrello I, Powell JD, Harrington E, Warnock S, Flowers M, Brodsky RA, Sandmaier BM, Storb RF, Jones RJ, Fuchs EJ: HLA-haploidentical bone marrow transplantation for hematologic malignancies using nonmyeloablative conditioning and high-dose, posttransplantation cyclophosphamide. Biol. Blood Marrow Transplant., 14(6): 641-50, 2008
- Piantadosi S: Introducing statistics in clinical cancer research. Clin. Cancer Res., 14(14): 4357, 2008
- Piantadosi S: Rigor in monitoring clinical trials is ethical. J. Clin. Oncol., 26(4): 683-5, 2008
- Mignano JE, Gage I, Piantadosi S, Ye X, Henderson G, Dooley WC: Local recurrence after mastectomy in patients with T3pN0 breast carcinoma treated without postoperative radiation therapy. Am. J. Clin. Oncol., 30(5): 466-72, 2007