Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Wen-Chin Huang, PhD
Research Scientist, Hematology/Oncology
|Assistant Professor, Medicine|
Awards and Activities
|Georgia Cancer Coalition, Cancer Research Awards||2009|
|Department of Defense, Idea-Development Award -New Investigator||2008|
|American Association for Cancer Research, Scholar-in-Training Award||2006|
|Editor: American Journal of Cancer Biology||Current|
|Editor: Journal of Cancer Research and Treatment||Current|
|Active Membership of AACR||2006|
To reveal and investigate the molecular signaling mechanism and targeting of lethal prostate cancer progression and metastasis.
Developed a monoclonal antibody against human ß2-microglobulin (ß2M) to target ß2M and the ß2M signaling axis in prostate cancer cells. The pre-clinical results showed that ß2M monoclonal antibody significantly induced programmed cell death in prostate cancer and cancer stem cells but did not affect normal prostate cells.
Current investigations include:
1) Exploring the biological activity and anti-cancer efficacy of anti-ß2M monoclonal antibody as a novel immunologic therapy in prostate cancer; 2) Determining the pleiotropic functions of ß2M in prostate cancer stem cells; and 3) Investigating the roles of a new identified lipogenic transcription factor, sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1 (SREBP-1), which is controlling fatty acid and lipid metabolism, in prostate cancer survival, progression and metastasis.
- Huang WC, Li X, Liu J, Lin J, Chung LW: Activation of androgen receptor, lipogenesis, and oxidative stress converged by SREBP-1 is responsible for regulating growth and progression of prostate cancer cells. Mol. Cancer Res., 10(1): 133-42, 2011
- Josson S, Nomura T, Lin JT, Huang WC, Wu D, Zhau HE, Zayzafoon M, Weizmann MN, Gururajan M, Chung LW: ß2-microglobulin induces epithelial to mesenchymal transition and confers cancer lethality and bone metastasis in human cancer cells. Cancer Res., 71(7): 2600-10, 2011
- Huang WC, Zhau HE, Chung LW: Androgen receptor survival signaling is blocked by anti-beta2-microglobulin monoclonal antibody via a MAPK/lipogenic pathway in human prostate cancer cells. The Journal of biological chemistry, 285(11): 7947-56, 2010
- Huang WC, Havel JJ, Zhau HE, Qian WP, Lue HW, Chu CY, Nomura T, Chung LW: Beta2-microglobulin signaling blockade inhibited androgen receptor axis and caused apoptosis in human prostate cancer cells. Clin. Cancer Res., 14(17): 5341-7, 2008