Main research objectives include:
- Novel quantitative methods for image analysis
- Automated extraction of imaging biomarkers and validation
- Improve identification of patients at risk of disease and adverse outcomes
- Improve the accuracy of diagnostic tests
- Improve patient outcomes and patient management
Our current research focus includes:
- Measurement of epicardial and thoracic fat (QFAT software) from non-contrast CT. We have shown epicardial fat measured by this clinical research tool to be associated with coronary atherosclerosis, coronary calcium progression, major adverse cardiovascular events and myocardial ischemia.
- Automated measurement of coronary plaque volume (noncalcified and calcified) from coronary CT Angiography (AUTOPLAQ software).