- Minimum of 30 hours for summer session, 4-hour shift every week for 8 weeks
- Minimum of 40 hours for academic session, 2-hour shift every week for 26 weeks
Roles and Responsibility
- Must volunteer for at least 1 full session.
- Teens can choose to volunteer in either a clinical or clerical area.
- Clinical volunteers assist the staff in patient-care areas, providing emotional support, answering patient calls, delivering amenity items and flowers, orienting new patients to their rooms, assisting with meal trays and helping with other administrative tasks.
- Clerical volunteers assist the staff in administrative areas. Duties include running errands, answering phones, data entry, filing and special projects as assigned by the area supervisor.
- The most successful volunteers are those who take the initiative to shape their own experiences.
*High school students do not perform research or observe medical personnel or procedures of any kind
Applications are accepted 1 time each year beginning on March 1. Applications remain open until we reach capacity. You must submit a letter of recommendation with your online application. To use our letter template, please click here.
Do you have questions before applying? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 310-423-8044 and ask for the teen volunteer coordinator.