POOCH (Pets Offering Ongoing Care and Healing)
Dogs and their owners in The Barbara Cowen POOCH Volunteer Program provide a wide range of services throughout Cedars-Sinai. With their unconditional love and acceptance, dogs offer heartwarming and supportive experiences to patients, family members and medical center staff.
If you think you and your dog would enjoy being POOCH volunteers, you must meet these initial requirements before you can be considered:
- Ownership: Dogs must be owned by the volunteer who will work with the dog at the hospital.
- Pet Partners Registration: All prospective POOCH dogs must be registered through Pet Partners, formerly called Delta Society, prior to being accepted as a POOCH volunteer at Cedars-Sinai. See the Pet Partners registration information.
- Adult Volunteer Application: Complete the Adult Volunteer application, required for all new volunteers.
- Pass veterinary medical and behavioral screening examinations and demonstrate proficiency in basic obedience skills
- Be house-trained
- Have current records for the following:
- Distemper/Hepatitis/Leptospirosis/Parainfluenza/Parvo shot
- Rabies shot
- Fecal sample through Cedars-Sinai, given every six months
Applications are accepted year-round. Please click here if you are interested in applying.
Do you have questions before applying? Please email us at email@example.com or call us at 310-423-8044.