The Nurse Transforming Care At Bedside (TCAB) Volunteer Program is for people interested in pursuing a career in healthcare. Volunteers learn what nurses and other healthcare professionals do in their daily work. They also experience how it feels to interact with patients and families at the bedside.
Please note that the volunteer process can take up to 1 month from the time the application is submitted, until all requirements are met and you are issued a Cedars-Sinai volunteer badge.
Roles and Responsibility
- TCAB volunteers are assigned to a nursing unit in the inpatient hospital setting and are expected to visit patients to perform patient safety rounds and collect data for their unit.
- Provide social and emotional support to patients and visitors.
- Communicate with the clinical care team regarding the patients' and/or visitors' needs.
- Volunteers will also assist with other duties on the unit, such as answering telephones and patient call lights, recording employee shift changes on whiteboards and other duties as assigned.
- Nurse shadowing opportunities are available.
- The most successful volunteers are those who take the initiative to shape their own experiences.
The TCAB program accepts applications year-round with specific onboarding times during the year. More information is provided during the in-person interview. Please click here if you are interested in applying.
Do you have questions before applying? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 310-423-8044 and ask for one of the TCAB program coordinators.