Teen Volunteer Program
This program is for teens ages 14 to 18 who:
- Are looking for community service experience
- Want to help others
- Are interested in learning about various medical careers
Teen volunteers can choose to perform clinical or clerical duties:
- A clinical volunteer helps in a patient-care setting by interacting with patients and clinical staff. Teen volunteers assist at nursing stations; deliver flowers, magazines and amenity items; and run other errands for patients and staff.
- A clerical volunteer helps with general administrative tasks in departments throughout the medical center, including answering phones, computer work, data entry, filing and other projects.
Teen volunteers must participate for at least one session:
- Summer Session I—June 11-July 15, 2018
- Summer Session II—July 16-Aug. 19, 2018
- Academic Session—October through mid-April (exact dates to be determined)
Our Teen Volunteer Program requires students to volunteer for a minimum of one session. However, preference is given to teens who can commit to volunteering for the entire year (one Summer Session and the Academic Session). Teen volunteers are scheduled every week for their recurring shift on the same day at the same time. Shifts are four hours long for both Summer Sessions and two hours long during the Academic Session.
Teen volunteers do not perform research or observe medical or patient-care procedures of any kind.
Contact us for more information.