The Teen Advisory Board is a student-run leadership committee that oversees the activities of more than 600 teen volunteers at the medical center. TAB members are involved in the interviewing, training and day-to-day managing and mentoring of our entire teen volunteer population. The board assists in welcoming and mentoring teens, providing opportunities to build relationships among teens and staff, and fostering personal growth and leadership skills.
The Teen Advisory Board acts as the voice of our teen volunteer population and provides invaluable suggestions on issues relevant to teen volunteers at Cedars-Sinai. It offers a unique opportunity for board members to make a difference in the lives of their peers, our patients and Cedars-Sinai staff.
- Applicants must have volunteered in at least one Summer Session AND Academic Session.
- Applicants must complete an application, essay, and interview to be considered for a position on TAB. Candidates are evaluated by their current peers on TAB and the Teen Volunteer Program supervisor.
- Applicants must commit to an entire year on TAB.
- Those chose must shift mentor during their shift.
- Mandatory attendance at committee meetings (dates determined by the committee chair and members).
- High school freshmen through juniors only.
- Great attendance record and commitment to our hour requirement while volunteering at Cedars-Sinai.
Contact us for more information.