Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Sulagna Saitta MD PhD
- Medical Genetics
Education and Training
- Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA; MD
- Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA; PhD (Biochemistry/Molecular Biology)
- Residency in Pediatrics, St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, Philadelphia, PA
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Human Genetics, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
Medical Board Certification
- Board Certified, Pediatrics
- Board Certified, Medical Genetics
Clinical and Research Interests
- Pediatric genetics including developmental delay, birth defects and cardiac disorders
- DiGeorge syndrome
Awards and Activities
- Mentored the Recipient of the Outstanding Masters Thesis in Biological Sciences Award, Northeastern Association of Graduate Schools
- Member, GCRC/CTSA Scientific Advisory Council
- Member, Scientific Advisory Council, Affymetrix
- Busse T, Graham JM Jr, Feldman G, Perin J, Catherwood A, Knowlton R, Rappaport EF, Emanuel B, Driscoll DA, Saitta SC. High-Resolution genomic arrays identify CNVs that phenocopy the chromosome 22q11.2 deletion syndrome. Hum Mutat. 2011;32:91-7.
- Gajecka M, Saitta SC, Gentles AJ, Campbell L, Ciprero K, Geiger E, Catherwood A, Rosenfeld JA, Shaikh T, Shaffer LG. Recurrent interstitial 1p36 deletions: Evidence for germline mosaicism and complex rearrangement breakpoints.Am J Med Genet A. 2010;152A:3074-83.
- O'Driscoll MC, Jenny K, Saitta S, Dobyns WB, Gripp KW. Agenesis of the corpus callosum and congenital lymphedema: A novel recognizable syndrome? Am J Med Genet A. 2010;152A:1621-6.
- Adams SA, Coppinger J, Saitta SC, Stroud T, Kandamurugu M, Fan Z, Ballif BC, Shaffer LG, Bejjani BA. Impact of genotype-first diagnosis: the detection of microdeletion and microduplication syndromes with cancer predisposition by aCGH. Genet Med. 2009;11:314-22.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Sulagna Saitta, MD, PhD.