Since 2012, Cedars-Sinai has awarded over $3 million to 26 nonprofit community-based organizations that provide direct mental health services. In 2017, Cedars-Sinai further evaluated the needs of the surrounding communities and, with input from our leadership team, issued an invitation-only request for proposals with criteria refined to meet the needs of the most vulnerable. Thirteen organizations were awarded grants for programs that focused on meeting the needs of marginalized community members — particularly those who are uninsured, underinsured or ineligible for insurance.
Grantees from fiscal year 2017 are listed below. Information regarding future RFPs will be made available on this page. For further information around the Community Mental Health Program, please contact Erin Lanahan at CBGO@cshs.org.
Organizations Receiving Community Mental Health Grants in 2017
- Amanecer Community Counseling Service
- Beit T’Shuvah
- Children’s Institute Inc.
- CLARE Foundation
- Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services
- Jewish Family Services of Los Angeles
- Korean American Family Service
- Los Angeles LGBT Center
- New Directors for Veterans
- Para los Niños
- Southern California Counseling Center
- The Maple Counseling Center
- The People Concern