The fellowship is limited to individuals who have completed a cardiovascular disease fellowship. Fellows are required to have a valid license from the California Medical Board. Please note that the Smidt Heart Institute can accept only incoming trainees who are United States citizens or permanent residents and eligible for licensure in the state of California.
Positions are filled for academic year 2018-19 and academic year 2019-20.
Applicants interested in applying for academic year 2020-21, please note the following: All applications for our program will be accepted through ERAS only.
- If you are interested in applying to our fellowship, please visit the website of the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS).
- ERAS application period for our program starts Dec. 1, 2018.
- Program application deadline is Feb. 1, 2019
- Applications received prior to Feb. 1, 2019, will receive priority.
- We will accept applications after this date, but only to be potentially interviewed for our wait list.
- Applications are reviewed/evaluated in January/February 2019 and interviews are conducted in February/March 2019.
- Offers are extended to applicants on May 7, 2019, at 11 a.m. Pacific time.
- Deadline for applicants to accept or decline offers is on May 10, 2019.
- If position has not been filled, program will continue interviewing and submitting offers from May 11, 2019, until July 2019.
Please note that your file is considered complete when we have received all of the following:
- Completed application
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- Official medical school transcript
- Letters of recommendation from:
- The program director from cardiovascular disease fellowship
- Two additional sponsoring physicians
- Your photograph (passport style)
- Verification of training from medical school, and residency program
- U.S. Medical Licensing Examination transcripts (steps 1, 2 and 3)
At this time our program DOES NOT participate in the Medical Subspecialties Match of the National Resident Matching Program.
Graduate Medical Education Information
Information regarding stipends, contracts, liability insurance and benefits can be found in the compensation benefits and policies section of the Cedars-Sinai Graduate Medical Education web page.