The fellowship is limited to individuals who have completed a cardiovascular disease fellowship. Fellows are required to have a valid license from the California Medical Board. Please note that the Smidt Heart Institute can accept only incoming trainees who are United States citizens or permanent residents and eligible for licensure in the state of California.
Positions are filled for academic year 2018-19 and academic year 2019-20.
Applicants interested in applying for academic year 2020-21, please note the following: All applications for our program will be accepted through ERAS only.
- If you are interested in applying to our fellowship, please visit the website of theElectronic Residency Application System (ERAS).
- June 2019 AHFTC Programs post positions & Applicants can register
- July 2019 AHFTC applicants apply to fellowship programs.
- July 2019 AHFTC programs start receiving applications
- July – October 2019 Applicant screening and Interviews
- November 2019 Match Day
- July 2020 Fellowship Begins
Please note that your file is considered complete when we have received all of the following:
- Completed application
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- Official medical school transcript
- Letters of recommendation from:
- The program director from cardiovascular disease fellowship
- Two additional sponsoring physicians
- Your photograph (passport style)
- Verification of training from medical school, and residency program
- U.S. Medical Licensing Examination transcripts (steps 1, 2 and 3)
At this time our program DOES NOT participate in the Medical Subspecialties Match of the National Resident Matching Program.
Graduate Medical Education Information
Information regarding stipends, contracts, liability insurance and benefits can be found in the compensation benefits and policies section of the Cedars-Sinai Graduate Medical Education web page.