Prerequisite Training/Selection Criteria
Candidates for the Interventional Cardiology (IC) Fellowship Program must meet uniform eligibility standards. These include:
- Graduation from an accredited U.S. or Canadian allopathic or osteopathic medical school, or medical school outside the U.S. with a valid certification from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates.
- Verification of completion of an ACGME-accredited residency training program and verification of completion of three years of cardiovascular disease fellowship training in an ACGME-accredited program.
- Proof of current California medical license/eligibility for Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter
- Completion of application submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
- Fellowship checklist, including three letters of recommendation (one must be from the applicant’s cardiovascular fellowship program director), CV and personal statement
- Interview with the program director and fellowship faculty/attending physicians
- Assessment of dossiers, review of interview evaluations and selection by a committee comprising the program director and fellowship faculty/attending physicians