Applicants must be board-eligible in anatomic pathology (AP), clinical pathology (CP) or AP/CP as appropriate, and licensed to practice medicine in the state of California by the time their fellowship begins. Find more information at California Medical License Information.
To apply to the program, please send:
- A completed pathology fellowship application form (PDF)
- Current curriculum vitae
- A statement of your interest in the subspecialty area in which you are applying
- Three letters of reference, one of which should be from the chair or the residency director of your residency training program
- USMLE scores (steps 1, 2, 3)
- Medical school transcripts and copy of your medical school diploma
- ECFMG certificate, if applicable
- California State License, if available
- Photo, if available
The Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Fellowship programs encourage those interested to apply 20 months in advance. All application materials and inquiries should be addressed to the academic program coordinator, Carrie Domagas, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For graduates of international medical schools, more information can be found at International Graduates.
During the interview day, the fellow applicant meets with the fellowship program director and other faculty members in their subspecialty area. There is ample time during lunch and a tour with the current fellow(s) in the subspecialty area to ask questions and learn about all aspects of the fellowship.