Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Women's Health Fellowship
Date Established: 2002
Number of Positions: 1 per year
Duration of Program: 1 year
Sponsored by: Women's Heart Center, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
|Noel Bairey Merz, M.D.|
|Medical Director, Women's Health Program|
|Women's Guild Chair in Woman's Health|
|Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Mark Goodson Building, Suite 600|
|Los Angeles, CA 90048|
|Send Us a Message|
Completion of a residency in Internal Medicine, Ob/Gyn, or Family Medicine.
1. Under the direction of Dr. Bairey Merz, the Fellow will work with Dr. Bairey Merz in her pioneering research in the prevention and diagnosis of heart disease in women. Specifically, the Fellow will participate and facilitate the clinical aspects of the ongoing research directed at improved understanding of the gender differences in heart disease, in order to translate these research findings into improved heart disease care for women.
2. Didactic and Clinical Core Women's Health Curriculum - Six (Core Rotations in - 1. Bone Health -Endocrinology, 2. Reproductive Health-Office Ob/Gyn, 3. Mental Health-Depression/Anxiety/Eating D/O Clinic, 4. Preventive Health, 5. Breast Health-Radiology, 6. Elective, e.g. but not limited to Rheumatology, Cardiology, Alternative and Complementary Medicine, Uro-Gynecology/pelvic floor Voiding, Adolescent Medicine, Office-based GYN Procedures, Medical High-risk Pregnancy, Chronic Pelvic Pain).
3. Weekly ongoing continuity clinics in Office Gynecology and Women's Primary Care.
4. Academic Programs- e.g. arrange weekly-monthly conferences, journal club, Colloqui and quarterly Interdisciplinary Grand Rounds on Women's Health Topics.
5. Tutorials with Designated Mentor(s).
6. Career Development Seminars
7. Many options are available through the UCLA and USC systems.
Special Degree(s)/Certificate(s) Offered
Fellows are eligible for course work at UCLA leading to a Master of Public Health degree.
Goal of the Program
1. To provide focused training in clinical and translational research with regard to heart disease in women.
2. To provide training in the comprehensive care of women across the lifespan.
3. To train practitioners in research, teaching, health administration and policy in women's health.
4. To respond to need of individual residents, fellows, faculty and voluntary staff regarding women's health in the medical institution and community.