C. Noel Bairey Merz, MD, FACC
Fellows work with C. Noel Bairey Merz, MD, FACC, director of the Barbra Streisand Women's Heart Center, along with other faculty, in her pioneering research in the prevention and diagnosis of cardiovascular disease in women. Specifically, fellows participate in and facilitate the clinical aspects of the ongoing research directed toward improved understanding of the gender differences in the manifestation of heart disease, to translate these research findings into improved heart disease care for women.
- Didactic and clinical core women's health curriculum, with rotations in:
- Bone health — endocrinology
- Reproductive health and high-risk menopause non-hormonal treatment — office-based OB/GYN
- Mental health — depression/anxiety/eating disorders clinic
- Preventive health
- Breast health — radiology
- Elective, including (but not limited to) rheumatology, cardiology, alternative and complementary medicine, uro-gynecology/pelvic floor voiding, adolescent medicine, office-based gynecological procedures, medical high-risk pregnancy and chronic pelvic pain.
- Weekly ongoing continuity clinics in office-based gynecology and women's primary care.
- Academic programs, such as weekly and monthly conferences, journal club, colloquy and quarterly interdisciplinary grand rounds on women's health topics.
- Tutorials with designated mentor(s).
- Career development seminars.
- Cedars-Sinai Clinical Scholars Program, a program of didactics and mentored clinical research training.
- Additional options (K30 Clinical Research Curriculum and Master of Public Health) are available through the University of California, Los Angeles, and University of Southern California systems.