We offer a linked preliminary training year in the Cedars-Sinai internal medicine program for any candidates who match in the Cedars-Sinai advanced neurology residency training program. During the application period, please apply to the advanced neurology program only. The med-prelim/neurology program is not listed on Electronic Residency Application System.
All applicants invited to interview for neurology will automatically be scheduled to meet with the Internal Medicine program director and learn about the linked med-prelim/neurology program and its requirements on the same day.
At the time of ranking, once the Cedars-Sinai advanced neurology program has been selected, the med-prelim/neurology will be visible for ranking. Please note that you must rank both Cedars-Sinai neurology and med-prelim/neurology programs separately on the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). The neurology program should be listed as your PRIMARY ROL and med-prelim/neurology as SUPPLEMENTAL ROL.
Please review your entries carefully to ensure that you have listed the correct preliminary training program (1030140P1) and not one of the other Cedars-Sinai Department of Medicine training programs.
The program codes are:
- Neurology (Advanced)
- NRMP Program Code: 1030180A0
- ACGME Program Code: 1800521165
- Med-Prelim/Neurology (Preliminary)
- NRMP Program Code: 1030140P1
- ACGME Program Code: 1400511040
- Successful completion of a postgraduate year 1 (PGY-1) in an internal medicine program accredited by Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education or Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Applications for Cedars-Sinai's Neurology Residency are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service. Application packets include:
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcript
- Medical school diploma
- Three letters of recommendation
- United States Medical Licensing Examination/Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination scores
- Foreign medical graduates: Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates certificate, Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter
Department of Neurology Sub-Internships
The Cedars-Sinai Department of Neurology offers clinical and research subinternships for fourth-year medical students. These four-week courses are highly recommended for those interested in applying to the Neurology Residency Program.
Eligible students must be enrolled in an accredited school by Liaison Committee on Medical Education, or a Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS)-participating American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine member college with accreditation from the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation.
Applications are accepted through VSAS for these electives:
- General Neurology
- Course chair: Nancy Sicotte, MD
- Course chair: Asma Moheet, MD
- Neuroscience Critical Care Clinical & Translational Research
- Course chair: Shouri Lahiri, MD
We currently have a PGY-2 opening available to start on July 1, 2019. Interested applicants, please email your ERAS application or CV, USMLE scores, medical school transcript, dean's letter, 3 letters of recommendation, PTAL (if applicable) to email@example.com.