I Have Medicare
Cedars-Sinai has served the needs of Medicare beneficiaries since the program began in 1966. Cedars-Sinai is included in both traditional Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans. Coverage also is available for people who have both Medicare and Medi-Cal (dual eligible).
Traditional Medicare (Part A and/or Part B)
If you have traditional or original Medicare (Part A and/or B), including Medicare supplement insurance (Medigap) plans, you will have coverage for care from Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Marina Del Rey Hospital and many of our doctors.
Medicare Advantage (Part C)
Part C, also known as Medicare Advantage or a Medicare Health plan, is purchased from a private insurance company and typically organized like an HMO or PPO insurance plan.
Cedars-Sinai participates in the following Medicare Advantage plans:
- Blue Shield 65 Plus HMO
- CareMore HMO and HMO Special Needs Plans
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage HMO (AARP MedicareComplete SecureHorizons)
- Premier Plan
- Plans 1 and 3
- Essential Plan
With these plans, you must choose a primary care doctor in either the Cedars-Sinai Medical Group or Cedars-Sinai Health Associates, and will be referred to specialists within these groups.
Dual Eligible (Medicare and Medi-Cal)
If you are eligible for both Medicare and Medi-Cal, you should do one of two things to ensure coverage for Cedars-Sinai:
- Opt out of Cal MediConnect and keep the same fee-for-service Medicare benefit that you already have, or
- Enroll in the Cal MediConnect program through one of the following:
- L.A. Care Health Cal MediConnect Plan
- CareMore Cal MediConnect (MMP)
- CareMore Connect (DSNP)
For more guidance, click the option that best describes your situation.