The Brain Tumor Center of the Cedars-Sinai Department of Neurosurgery is committed to quality patient care. The center monitors and reports on a number of measures of care quality, including:
- The number of craniotomy procedures done.
- The actual length of stay in the hospital after a craniotomy at Cedars-Sinai compared to length of stay of patients with similar diagnosis, procedure, age, gender and complications is expected to stay in the hospital.
- Mortality rates for patients undergoing craniotomies at Cedars-Sinai.
- The percentage by age of patients treated for glioblastoma multiforme brain tumors at Cedars-Sinai.
- The distribution of glioblastoma multiforme brain tumors by site in the brain among patients treated at Cedars-Sinai.
- Glioblastoma multiforme brain tumor survival rate compared to national estimates.
- Glioblastoma multiforme brain tumor survival rate following the use of dendritic vaccine.
Additional measures of quality patient care are monitored on a hospital-wide basis. These include: