Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
The Liver Disease and Transplant Center at Cedars-Sinai is dedicated to providing the highest level of care for those in need of liver replacement. Surgical excellence and futuristic innovation are the hallmarks of the Liver Disease and Transplant Center.
- Cedars-Sinai was among the first medical centers in the country to perform living donor liver transplants (1999)
- Cedars-Sinai keeps up with the most current techniques and procedures available, which contributes to developing innovations adopted by other hospitals nationally and internationally
- Cedars-Sinai was one of the first facilities to perform partial-liver transplants
On an ongoing basis, Cedars-Sinai monitors and reports on the quality of care given to patients. Cedars-Sinai regularly reports its statistics regarding liver transplant survival rates.
We offer a complete spectrum of state-of-the-art procedures for liver transplantation, including:
- Deceased-donated liver transplantation (liver of a recently deceased individual replaces the patient's failed liver)
- Living-donor transplantation (a healthy, medically compatible relative or friend donates a segment of his or her liver to the patient)
- Living-donor liver transplants from both related and unrelated compassionate donors
- Opportunities to participate in state-of-the-art clinical trials