- Crohn's disease
Evaluating a Prediction Tool and Decision Aid for Patients with Crohn's Disease (IRB no. 35175)
The purpose of this study is to learn how patients choose therapy for Crohn's disease and the length of time they stay on the chosen therapy; the study will also examine the cost of care and effectiveness of treatment. Researchers aim to develop a decision aid that incorporates a risk prediction tool showing the benefits and risks of therapy, in addition to helping patients seek a personalized, predicted course of their condition.
Following the initiation visit, assessments will be conducted online or by telephone. Participants will answer questions regarding demographics and treatments for Crohn's disease, as well as their knowledge and perceptions about the disease.
Key Inclusion Criteria:
- At least 18 years old
- Fluent English speakers
- Established diagnosis of Crohn's disease
- Diagnosed with Crohn's disease within the past 15 years
Key Exclusion Criteria:
- Participant in a pilot/focus group for development of the Crohn's Disease Shared Decision Making Program
- Currently taking any medication that is contraindicated to take with an immunomodulator or anti-tumor necrosis factor (anti-TNF) agents
- Lack of accessibility to email for follow-up surveys
Gil Melmed, MD