You can make a difference
The issues are critical:
- 29 million people in the US have diabetes (9% of the population)
- 86 million more have pre-diabetes (37% of the adult population)
- In L.A. County, 9.9% of adults have diabetes (more than 685,000 adults)
- If current trends continue, 1 of 3 US adults will have diabetes by 2050
- Diabetes is the leading cause of heart disease, kidney failure and blindness
- The pandemic is growing
We can make a difference
The Diabetes Outpatient Treatment and Education Center (DOTEC) at Cedars-Sinai provides state of the art diagnostics and clinical treatment options for those with pre-diabetes, diabetes and related conditions. We are proud to be recognized by the American Diabetes Association as a site of distinguished care.
With compassion and innovation, we are making a difference every day in the lives of patients with pre-diabetes and diabetes.
The time to act is now. We invite you to a part of it.
Please visit our partnership website for more information on how we can make a difference.
To learn how you can help, please contact:
Community Relations and Development