The Heart Failure Program at the Smidt Heart Institute welcomes referrals from outside physicians whose patients may need specialized treatment for advanced heart disease. Our goal is to work alongside referring physicians to enhance their patients' care through the services we provide, including enrolling eligible patients into heart failure-related clinical trials.
To reach the Heart Failure Program, please see Contact Us.
To review all of the publications by physicians and researchers from the Heart Failure Program, please visit PubMed.
Grand Rounds and Conferences
The Heart Failure Program hosts a quarterly visiting professorship program that includes opportunities to participate in grand rounds. For more information, please contact Xenia Lovrekovic-Delic, academic program coordinator via email at email@example.com.
Fellowships and Training
The Heart Failure Program offers training and practical insights into the treatment of heart failure cases through its Advanced Heart Failure and Transplantation Fellowship. The one-year, ACGME-accredited clinical fellowship offers fellows specialized education in the pathophysiology and treatment of heart failure and mechanical circulatory support.
Fellowship training includes:
- Management of heart failure patients with the entire clinical spectrum of drug refractory heart failure, from ambulatory to severe
- Candidate selection for heart transplantation and mechanical circulatory support
- Donor evaluation and management
- Physiology of the transplanted heart; immunosuppression; immediate postoperative and long-term care, including management of post-transplant complications
- Pulmonary artery catheterization and endomyocardial biopsies
For more information about our current fellowships, applications and deadlines, please contact Xenia Lovrekovic-Delic, academic program coordinator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Heart Institute also offers postdoctoral training through for its postdoctoral candidates. To learn more, please see Heart Institute NIH T32 Funded Training Program for Postdoctoral Research.