Ultrasound of the aorta after endovascular repair of an aortic aneurysm is used to image the graft used to repair the aneurysm. Ultrasound is a harmless and safe technology that does not use radiation and does not require injection of any chemical. The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center has a specialized team of physicians and technologists who are experts in ultrasound technology.
Before Your Exam
- Please do not eat or drink six hours before your exam. You may take any scheduled medication with a sip of water.
- Bring a magazine, book or music player to help you pass the time in case you have to wait.
- Leave valuables and jewelry at home.
- Directions and Parking Information
Above: Image of an ultrasound of a graft used to repair an aortic aneurysm. The aorta is the circular dark structure in the center of the image with the vertical and horizontal dotted lines across it.
During Your Exam
- You will be lying on the exam table on your back with your hands at your sides. The technologist will apply a warm gel to your abdomen and pelvis and a transducer or a small microphone will be used to examine your arteries.
- You will hear the sound of moving blood during the exam. Do not be alarmed, it is harmless. The exam will take approximately 60 minutes.
After Your Exam
- Your study will be read by a physician who will send the results to your doctor. Your doctor, who ordered the study, will explain the findings to you.
- If you have problems related to your procedure or would like to request a copy of your report, please call (310) 423-8000.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call (310) 423-8000.
The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center provides a full range of advanced imaging, both radiology and cardiology, as well as interventional radiology and interventional tumor (oncology) treatments to the greater Los Angeles area, including Beverly Hills, Encino, Mid-Cities, Santa Monica, Sherman Oaks, Silver Lake, Studio City, Toluca Lake, and West Hollywood.