A list of links to preparation instructions for each study and procedure at the S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center:
(For any study, if your doctor gave you an order, please bring it with you.)
- Coronary CT angiography (heart) (thoracic aorta with coronary angiography; pulmonary vein mapping; cardiac anatomic structure and valve replacement planning imaging)
- Coronary calcium scan (with or without consult)
Neuroradiology: CT Imaging
Neuroradiology: MR Imaging
Neuroradiology: Nuclear Medicine
Please visit the Nuclear Medicine page for information about nuclear neurological studies.
- Imaging for the Neurosurgery Department
- Stress myocardial perfusion SPECT/PET (exercise stress, pharmacological stress testing [thallium, sestamibi], vasodilator stress [adenosine, regadenoson], dobutamine stress test; all have the same preps, although the length of the study varies)
- Stress myocardial perfusion PET (rubidium, pharmacological stress)
- Myocardial viability PET (FDG)
- PET sarcoidosis: a strict 36-hour prep is required. Our Nuclear Medicine department will call to explain the exam and preparation.
- Resting wall motion/MUGA (LVEF and RVEF): no preparations
- Pyrophosphate (PYP) imaging: no preparations
- MIBG imaging: Our Nuclear Medicine department will call to explain the exam and preparation.
Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging
Please visit our PET-CT page for information about PET-CT studies.
- Radiosurgical Treatment Alternatives
There are no preparations required for most X-rays. Click on studies below for specific instructions.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 310-423-8000.