A written order from your physician is needed for an interventional radiology procedure. If your doctor gave you an order, please bring it with you.
For physicians: needed by noon the day before an exam — written orders, H&Ps (within past 30 days), pre-op labs (within two weeks; CBC, BMP [basic metabolic panel] and PT/PTT).
- Do not eat or drink after midnight before procedure.
- Morning of procedure, take blood pressure and/or heart medications with a sip of water unless told otherwise.
- You will not be allowed to drive after procedure so please arrange transportation.
- Ask your doctor about discontinuing aspirin or blood thinners seven days before procedure.
- Tell the staff if you have NOT had lab work or are on any medication.
- Between 4 and 5:30 p.m. the day before, we will call you with the full preparation instructions. If we do not reach you by 5:30 p.m., please call us at 310-423-2468.
- You will not be allowed to drive after your exam, so please have transportation home arranged.
For detailed preparation instructions, you will need to call one of the following numbers:
For the following interventional radiology procedures, please call 310-423-2468:
For uterine fibroid embolization, internal radiation therapy for the liver (radioembolization), radiofrequency ablation or other types of ablation (cryoablation, alcohol or microwave ablation), or irreversible electroporation scheduling, information or for preparation instructions, please call 310-423-8694.
For biopsies (non-neurologic), please call 310-423-8000.
The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center provides a full range of advanced imaging, both radiology and cardiology, as well as interventional radiology and interventional tumor (oncology) treatments to the greater Los Angeles area, including Beverly Hills, Encino, Mid-Cities, Sherman Oaks, Silver Lake, Studio City, Toluca Lake and West Hollywood.