Most vascular ultrasound procedures do not require advance preparation. The exceptions are listed below:
For any study, if your doctor gave you an order, please bring it with you.
Abdominal Vascular Ultrasound
(Liver, spleen, gallbladder, kidneys, pancreas, abdominal aorta, biliary system — exam time: 30 min; visit time about 1-1/2 hours)
- Adults: Do not eat or drink eight hours before exam.
- Children: Do not eat or drink four hours before study, or skip one meal.
- Take medications with a small sip of water.
- If you are diabetic, please take your insulin.
Aortic, Iliac Vena Cava or Renal Artery Stenosis Vascular Ultrasound
- Do not eat or drink for six hours before your exam. Take any medications with a sip of water.
The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center provides a full range of advanced imaging, both radiology and cardiology, as well as interventional radiology and interventional tumor (oncology) treatments to the greater Los Angeles area, including Beverly Hills, Encino, Mid-Cities, Sherman Oaks, Silver Lake, Studio City, Toluca Lake and West Hollywood.