Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Above: CT of a beating heart.
Revolutionary ways to look into the future of your heart.
Unparalleled cardiac care and state-of-the-art imaging technologies are used to pinpoint the presence of disease long before symptoms occur. The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center's world-renowned, subspecialty trained physicians are on the forefront of clinical research, providing specialized knowledge and advanced training in the quest to eliminate heart attacks.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States. We diagnose heart disease.
Cardiac Imaging Guide
With the wide variety of cardiac imaging procedures available, we have put together a guide of the most common, with image examples, indications and contraindications.
- Myocardial perfusion SPECT (thallium, cardiolite)
- Blood pool SPECT (radionuclear ventricular wall motion study) (No Preparations required)
Nuclear Cardiology Stress Testing
- Thalium stress test with exercise
- PET Rubidium stress test (also called Stress Myocardial Perfusion PET)
- Pharmacologic stress test
- Stress Myocardial Perfusion PET (also called Rubidium stress test)
- Images of soft tissue structures are clearer and more detailed than other imaging techniques. Able to determine tissue viability.
Cardiac Case Study: November 2010
Below: a 3-D image of the aorta
The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center provides a full range of advanced imaging, both radiology and cardiology, as well as interventional radiology and interventional tumor (oncology) treatments to the greater Los Angeles area, including Beverly Hills, Encino, Mid-Cities, Sherman Oaks, Silver Lake, Studio City, Toluca Lake and West Hollywood.