Cedars-Sinai offers a comprehensive and multidisciplinary high-risk Perinatal Program. Our philosophy is to balance the needs of both the mother and the baby, keeping the family together for family-centered care.
Our entire multidisciplinary team, including maternal-fetal medicine physicians, obstetric anesthesiologists, neonatologists, and comprehensive pediatric surgical and medical sub-specialists are all board-certified and available 24/7 to provide expert care to women and their babies who may need consultation, transfer or transport to a higher level of treatment.
In addition, the Perinatal Program offers these services:
- Facilitating transfer of care, including arranging ambulance or helicopter transportation, when indicated or needed.
- Large and experienced maternity team that delivers roughly 7,000 babies each year
- Dedicated 16-bed Maternal-Fetal Care Unit and specialty specific adult intensive care units, which provide leading-edge care for mother and fetus
- Level IV regional Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in the Cedars-Sinai Maxine Dunitz Children's Health Center, one of the largest in Southern California and recognized for its state-of-the-art design and technology.
- Integration with the Cedars-Sinai Guerin Family Congenital Heart Program. The program features dedicated pediatric and adult cardiac intensive care units with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation support, and offers innovative surgical, interventional catheterization and hybrid approaches to providing advanced care for both mothers and babies with congenital heart disease.
- Comprehensive Pediatric Surgery Program and surgical subspecialties
- State-of-the-art, comprehensive reproductive genetic services at our Prenatal Diagnosis Center, including chorionic villus sampling (CVS), placental biopsy, amniocentesis, fetal imaging, including ultrasound, MRI, echocardiography and preconception consultation.