Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. It is common to worry when you are dealing with an illness. Sometimes, though, it can develop into more serious conditions, such as depression and anxiety, which can slow your recovery.
While you are admitted to Cedars-Sinai, we work closely with your care team to treat the troubling symptoms created by stress or depression and improve your overall health.
How We Can Help
We are experts in treating stress, depression and other mental health concerns. We work closely with doctors in other specialties, including internal medicine, surgery, cancer, pain management and emergency medicine.
Signs of trouble that we are always looking out for:
- Mood changes or irritability
- Anxiety or nervousness
- Trouble sleeping or low energy
- Problems with thinking or concentrating
- Impulsive decisions or behavior
- Confusion or sensory changes
- Uncontrollable thoughts or urges
- Dependence on alcohol or drugs
Our team approach is aimed at helping each patient manage these important health issues. It includes:
- Social workers
What We Offer
We work with your doctor and caregivers to create a treatment plan for you. We offer key services throughout the medical center, such as:
- Educating you about our assessment and your treatment options
- Suggesting additional tests to determine a diagnosis
- Identifying your strengths and supporting them to help you cope
- Offering brief therapy, coping strategies and stress management techniques
- Stopping medications that are not helpful and recommending medicines that may reduce symptoms
- Offering support to your family
- Providing referrals to doctors or treatment programs for ongoing support
How to Reach Us
Patients at Cedars-Sinai can ask their doctors to request a consultation with us.