More Cedars-Sinai Resources
- Department of Neurology
- Department of Neurosurgery
- Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Board of Governors Regenerative Medicine Institute
- Heart Institute
- Atrial Fibrillation Program
- Hypertension Center
- Anna and Max Webb and Family Diabetes Center
- Weight Loss Center
- Smoking Cessation Program
- Wellness Solutions Center
Stroke Support Groups
A stroke can often be overwhelming, challenging and stressful. It can be vital to connect with others who are experiencing similar obstacles and questions. The staff at Cedars-Sinai and fellow stroke survivors are here for you with insights, guidance and help. Additionally, the groups welcome special speakers and host activities throughout the year. Caregivers and family members are always welcome.
- Yes I Can stroke support group (all ages)
- Second Tuesday of each month, 2-3:30 p.m.
- One Stroke Ahead stroke support group (ages 18-55)
- Focuses on the issues, needs, lifestyles and goals of younger adults
- Second Tuesday of each month, 6:30 to 8 p.m.
For more information and meeting locations, please contact Stefanie Brewer, PT, by phone at 310-423-6267. Be sure always to call to confirm attendance and location.
- American Stroke Association
- American Heart Association
- National Stroke Association
- Internet Stroke Center
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)
- NINDS Know Stroke Campaign
- The Brain Attack Coalition
- Angel Flight America (free air transport for those in need)
Helpful Guides & Educational Resources
From the American Stroke Association
- Spot a Stroke F.A.S.T.
- Stroke Prevention
- Post-Stroke Help