Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
The Department of Surgery accounts for approximately 40% of overall revenues of Cedars-Sinai Medical System and has great responsibility to sustain this level of clinical activity and excellence. This will be accomplished by nurturing the strong patient centered values long associated with our institution, while enhancing our focus on academic achievement and translational research.
Our surgical specialties are consistently ranked among the top clinical units in the region and country by U.S. News and World Report and the University Hospitals Consortium (UHC) rankings. Minimally invasive procedures are used in virtually every surgical discipline with leadership roles in bariatric and foregut surgery, thoracic surgery and donor nephrectomies. Robotic surgery is now used routinely in cardiac surgery, general surgery and urological surgery.
Particular areas of clinical strength include:
- Surgical treatment of inflammatory bowel disease
- Solid organ transplantation (heart, lung and liver)
- Renal transplants in pre-sensitized recipients
- Minimally invasive thoracic surgery (video assisted thoracic surgery, VATS)
- Advanced abdominal laparoscopic surgery
- Joint replacements and general orthopedic surgery
- Spine surgery
- Treatment of valvular heart disease by robotic, open and endovascular means
- Surgical critical care and trauma