Applying to the Cedars-Sinai General Surgery Program is similar to the process for other residency programs. All applications are through ERAS. Please contact ERAS for detailed procedures to complete the application.
All first-year positions are offered through the National Residency Match Program. In the upcoming academic year, we will match four categorical residents, as approved by the Residency Review Committee.
- USMLE Step 1, Step 2 CS and Step 2 CK (Step 2 must be completed prior to starting internship
- Graduation from an accredited U.S. or Canadian medical school, or valid ECFMG certificate plus eligibility letter from the California Medical Board
The deadline for submission of completed applications is mid-October. Our program is AAMC code 4400511037. The following will need to be submitted:
- Medical school transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- ECFMG status report (for IMGs only)
- California Application Status Letter (for IMGs only)
- USMLE transcripts
- Dean's letter
Your completed application to our program will be reviewed thoroughly and interview invitations will be sent out in November.
More information on the surgical residency program has been provided by the program director: General Surgery Residency Program 2018-19 (PDF).
Interview dates for the 2018-19 application cycle:
- Friday, December 7, 2018
- Friday, January 4, 2019
We host a meet and greet reception the evening before the interviews.
Match is mid-March.
Contact Van Chau in our surgical education office at email@example.com or 310-423-6637 for additional information.
We appreciate your interest in our program and look forward to receiving your completed application.