Introduction to Weight Loss Surgery
This seminar covers the weight-loss surgery options offered at Cedars-Sinai. Included in the discussion are the risks, benefits, complications and process from consultation to surgery. The presentation is given by one of our physicians and the clinical program coordinator. Attending this seminar is the first step toward surgery.
After the seminar, you may schedule a consultation with one of our bariatric surgeons.
Weekday and Weekend AM or PM Seminars
|The seminar dates listed below are subject to change. Please call 310-423-8350 to confirm the date and location of the meeting.|
We offer three types of seminars:
- Weekday AM seminars, which include the introductory seminar, nutrition class as well as an opportunity to complete laboratory tests all on the same day (lab tests require that you fast for six hours prior). Depending on availability, there may also be the opportunity to have your consultation with a surgeon, following the seminar. We are now offering these combination seminars for those who live farther away, or for those who simply wish to reduce their number of trips to the hospital.
- Weekday PM seminars. These last an hour and a half, with former patients answering questions at the end.
- Saturday seminars, which include both the introductory seminar and the nutrition class. Normally, these courses require two separate appointments during the preliminary workup process.
Seating is limited, so registration is required (conference rooms can accommodate 20 attendees except where noted). To register, click the date when you prefer to attend.
Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled start time to sign in.
Registration is open and additional dates will be added as they become available.
- Thursday, December 21, 2017
- Thursday, December 28, 2017
- Tuesday, January 9, 2018
- Thursday, January 18, 2018
- Thursday, January 25, 2018
- Thursday, February 8, 2018
- Tuesday, February 13, 2018
- Thursday, February 22, 2018
- Friday, March 2, 2018
- Tuesday, March 13, 2018
- Thursday, March 22, 2018
- Thursday, March 29, 2018
Seminars are held in the classroom at:
8635 W. Third St., Suite 665
Los Angeles, CA 90048