The purpose of Cedars-Sinai Department of Anesthesiology is to provide the highest quality anesthesia care to the patients of this institution and to advance the science of the specialty through research and teaching. We are committed to providing our services to the patients of Cedars-Sinai in a comprehensive and compassionate manner that maintains human dignity and is in conformance with the mission of the Cedars-Sinai.
- To train physicians who strive for excellence and to continuously learn and improve their practice
- To train physicians to become outstanding anesthesiologists
- To train physicians to give comprehensive and compassionate medical care to all patients
- To train physicians in the ethical practice of medicine
- To train physicians to become Diplomates of the American Board of Anesthesiology
The Anesthesiology Residency Program at Cedars-Sinai is ACGME accredited (effective 02/01/2007). Eight categorical positions at the first year clinical level are offered. The residency program consists of a Clinical Base Year (CBY, 12 months) and 36 months of Clinical Anesthesiology training.
For more information, please visit the Anesthesiology General Information Web Page.
We offer 4 fellowships in the following specialties:
- Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology Fellowship (ACGME accredited)
- Pain Management Anesthesiology Fellowship (ACGME accredited)
- Obstetric Anesthesiology Fellowship (ACGME accredited)
- Liver Anesthesiology Fellowship (ACGME non-accredited)
Department of Anesthesiology
- Co-Chair, Julian Gold, MD
- Co-Chair, Ronald H. Wender, MD
Anesthesiology Residency Program
- Academic Chair, Ronald H. Wender, MD
Program Director/Director of Educational Programs
- Roya Yumul, MD, PhD