Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Anat Ben-Shlomo, MD
|Assistant Professor, Medicine|
Awards and Activities
|Corrine and Lenny Sands Clinical Investigator Award||2007|
|Novartis Young Investigator Award||2003|
|Rotary International Professional Excellence Award||1997|
|The Pituitary Society||2001|
|American Society of Cell Biology||2003 - 2008|
Pituitary receptor signaling as well as pituitary tumorigenesis. Employ molecular, cellular, transgenic animal, and human tissue models to understand somatostatin receptors constitutive activity, signaling and impact on pituitary cell function, helping to develop novel peptide analog treatments for these tumors.
Establishment of somatostatin receptors constitutive activity as well as the differential signaling of somatostatin receptor subtypes and the relevance to normal and tumoral pituitary cell function.
Current investigations include:
Pituitary receptor signaling, somatostatin receptors and analogs, pituitary tumorigenesis.
- Liu NA, Ren M, Song J, RÃos Y, Wawrowsky K, Ben-Shlomo A, Lin S, Melmed S: In vivo time-lapse imaging delineates the zebrafish pituitary proopiomelanocortin lineage boundary regulated by FGF3 signal. Dev. Biol., 319(2): 192-200, 2008
- Ben-Shlomo A, Melmed S: Pasireotide--a somatostatin analog for the potential treatment of acromegaly, neuroendocrine tumors and Cushing's disease. IDrugs : the investigational drugs journal, 10(12): 885-95, 2007
- Ben-Shlomo A, Melmed S: Somatostatin agonists for treatment of acromegaly. Mol. Cell. Endocrinol., 286(1-2): 192-8, 2007
- Ben-Shlomo A, Pichurin O, Barshop NJ, Wawrowsky KA, Taylor J, Culler MD, Chesnokova V, Liu NA, Melmed S: Selective regulation of somatostatin receptor subtype signaling: evidence for constitutive receptor activation. Mol. Endocrinol., 21(10): 2565-78, 2007
- Chesnokova V, Zonis S, Rubinek T, Yu R, Ben-Shlomo A, Kovacs K, Wawrowsky K, Melmed S: Senescence mediates pituitary hypoplasia and restrains pituitary tumor growth. Cancer Res., 67(21): 10564-72, 2007
- Ben-Shlomo A, Wawrowsky KA, Proekt I, Wolkenfeld NM, Ren SG, Taylor J, Culler MD, Melmed S: Somatostatin receptor type 5 modulates somatostatin receptor type 2 regulation of adrenocorticotropin secretion. J. Biol. Chem., 280(25): 24011-21, 2005