Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Timothy Crother, Ph.D.
Research Scientist, Immunology Research
Research Scientist, PD Infectious Disease, Allergy & Immunology
|Assistant Professor, Pediatrics|
Awards and Activities
|International travel grant||1997|
|NIH Genetics Training Grant, Indiana University.||1997 - 1998|
|NIH Genetics Training Grant, Indiana University.||1996 - 1997|
|American Society for Microbiology||2002|
Immunology and pathogenesis of various diseases of the lung, including infections and asthma.
Key researcher in the field of plasmacytoid dendritic cell responses to bacterial infections. Major contributor to the understanding of innate immune responses to Chlamydia pneumonia infections.
Current investigations include:
Plasmacytoid dendritic cell responses to bacterial infections in the lung. The role of autophagy in Chlamydia pneumonia infection. Innate immune responses during infection induced asthma and fibrosis.
- Crother TR, Ma J, Jupelli M, Chiba N, Chen S, Slepenkin A, Alsabeh R, Peterson E, Shimada K, Arditi M: Plasmacytoid dendritic cells play a role for effective innate immune responses during Chlamydia pneumoniae infection in mice. PLoS ONE, 7(10): e48655, 2012
- Jones HD, Crother TR, Gonzalez-Villalobos RA, Jupelli M, Chen S, Dagvadorj J, Arditi M, Shimada K: The NLRP3 inflammasome is required for the development of hypoxemia in LPS/mechanical ventilation acute lung injury. Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol., 50(2): 270-80, 2014
- Shimada K, Crother TR, Karlin J, Dagvadorj J, Chiba N, Chen S, Ramanujan VK, Wolf AJ, Vergnes L, Ojcius DM, Rentsendorj A, Vargas M, Guerrero C, Wang Y, Fitzgerald KA, Underhill DM, Town T, Arditi M: Oxidized mitochondrial DNA activates the NLRP3 inflammasome during apoptosis. Immunity, 36(3): 401-14, 2012
- Crother TR, SchrÃ¶der NW, Karlin J, Chen S, Shimada K, Slepenkin A, Alsabeh R, Peterson E, Arditi M: Chlamydia pneumoniae infection induced allergic airway sensitization is controlled by regulatory T-cells and plasmacytoid dendritic cells. PLoS ONE, 6(6): e20784, 2011
- SchrÃ¶der NW, Crother TR, Naiki Y, Chen S, Wong MH, Yilmaz A, Slepenkin A, Schulte D, Alsabeh R, Doherty TM, Peterson E, Nel AE, Arditi M: Innate immune responses during respiratory tract infection with a bacterial pathogen induce allergic airway sensitization. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol., 122(3): 595-602.e5, 2008