What is an Internal Research Project (IRP)?
- A research project with a specific scope of work or aims funded by restricted or unrestricted donations (Fund 15), interest income from an endowment, the Research Institute, department or GRF.
- Paperwork to set up an IRP must include a SRFA face page, budget and lay summary.
- IRPs are assessed with 20 percent F&A.
- IRPs are required to have a 10 percent spend in a fiscal year.
What is a General Research Fund (GRF) Project?
- A research project funded from unrestricted donations or residuals. No specific scope or aims are required for setup.
- Paperwork to set up a GRF must include a SRFA face page only.
- GRFs are required to have a 10 percent spend in a fiscal year.
Whom should I contact if there was an error posted?
- If a Research Core charge was posted to an incorrect project number, please indicate on the PI Monthly Services Summary report the correct project number for the charge to be moved to. Once completed, return the report to Vicki Tieu (email@example.com) within 30 days of the posting for correction. If it has been more than 30 days, then a DCTR will be required for the correction to take place.
- If a Vivarium charge was posted to an incorrect project number, email Vicki Tieu (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 30 days of the posting date for correction. If the error is identified more than 30 days from the posting date, then a DCTR justification form will be required.
- If there is an error in the amount or quantity of the charge, please contact the financial manager of the respective core (for Research Core charges) or Kevin Miracle at Comparative Medicine (for Vivarium charges) for verification and correction.