The mission of the Technology Transfer Office (TTO) is to protect and support the commercialization of discoveries and technologies invented at Cedars-Sinai. Through our activities, the TTO facilitates the development of promising inventions that improve quality of life for patients around the world.
The role of the TTO is to:
- Promote awareness of the various avenues of intellectual property (IP) protection
- Identify new technologies
- Evaluate whether the invention or technology has a potential market value to warrant IP protection
- Secure IP protection, as appropriate
- Commercialize the technology by marketing to licensees or through spin-off companies
Working with industry leaders and peer institutions expands our capability to bring advances in medical technologies into global markets.